Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Getting Ready

I am excited to be getting ready for a 21-day purification program. This should be an interesting journey of self-discovery and discipline on my path to a healthier, enlightened being. I am excited to learn about myself during this time.  I specifically feel like I will learn quite a bit about food triggers, any new food sensitivities that may have popped up, and what it feels like to clean out my life.

In this time of preparation, not only am I making a grocery list and prepping supplies, I am also making plans. Plans on how I can involve my whole life in this process.  I am pondering what exactly I want to get out of this, and making lists; making a plan of action for how I would like to meet my goals.  Having a plan will help me to stay on track.  Having a goal will also give me incentive to continue when times get tough.

I already try to have a very clean diet. Although, there are always things that I could cut out or do better. It may not always be feasible to remove everything.  Life during this time still needs to be livable.  For instance, I am going to do this program, learn a lot about myself, but have no plans on not drinking coffee.  I will however get rid of sugar and alcohol.

I welcome this challenge as a new and exciting way to learn about myself in ways I may have not previously considered. I look forward to learning new things about my body that may have been previously overlooked by my mind. I also plan to take this opportunity to harmonize the two, cleaning out my mind as well as my body, taking time each day to meditate. In addition, I would like to clear the clutter from my environment. Reorganizing, minimizing harmonizing to really make the most of this experience in more ways than one.  Getting reconnected in body, mind, soul, and environment.

I am excited for those who are embarking on this journey at the same time.  My wish is for you to get the most from your experience.  Remember, you are human, and at times this may be a difficult undertaking. Please be true and forgiving to yourself.  As long as you do what you are capable of doing, you will be better off than not trying at all. It is my hope to be a resource for support during this time, and we can all support each other.

Please feel free to post a comment, or contact me at drteresarichter@gmail.com

To Health and Renewal,
Teresa Richter, ND

1 comment:

  1. leaky gut syndrome
    is a proposed condition of an altered or damaged bowel lining.Although leaky gut syndrome is not an established diagnosis there are several research and clinical diagnostic tests that actually measure permeability of the gut wall.

    ReplyDelete